How to Disable Ads, Block Spam Notifications.
Xiaomi is one of the biggest smartphone players in India and is truly so. It provides quality hardware at bargain prices, making it difficult to ignore. However, if there is a long-term issue with our phone, it is that the software can be very annoying to use due to the pre-installed bloatware and advertisements in the original apps. This is an issue that we are sure many of you are or still are in and the company’s current MIUI 11 mobile ROM also continues to have this problem. Know more about ” How To Disable Ads in MIUI.”
If you’re still on MIUI 9 or 10, don’t worry, because you can follow these steps. Today, we are taking a quick tour of how you can go about disabling advertisements in MIUI 11. The process is similar to previous versions of MIUI, except for a few minor changes.
Remove ads by disabling the MSA process
The biggest reason for seeing ads in stock apps is the background running MSA or MIUI system advertising process. In previous versions of MIUI, you have to keep the switch off several times before it is actually disabled, but in our experience, disabling it in MIUI 11 &12 is very simple.
- Open the Settings app.
- Navigate to Password and Security> Authorization and Revocation.
- You will see ‘MSA‘ listed here with a little green Android logo. Toggle this setting.
- While you’re here, do the same for GetApps, which should be the last on the list.
- You will get a 10-second warning message if you are sure you want to do it.
- After the countdown, press Rivoc. In case it doesn’t let you toggle it at first, try it again until it closes.
Even if you reboot your phone, the MSA must be disabled.
Must See: How to Remove Unwanted Objects From Any Image.
What Is “MSA” in MIUI
MSA stands for MIUI System Ads, which is a system application that cannot be uninstalled. It’s used to push ads to phones that come with MIUI, which is frequently pushed through the Browser app in notification style.
More Changes to stop ads
This is all you need to know, but we have some additional steps that you can follow to ensure that all advertisements are closed. Some additional steps can be taken if you wish.
- In the same Passwords & security sub-menu, go to Privacy and scroll down to the User Experience Programme section.
- Here you should disable the toggle switch for the User Experience Programme and Send diagnostic data automatically.
- Below that, you’ll see Ad services. Here, disable Personalised ad recommendations.
How to Stop Ads in MIUI Apps.
These steps will prove to be very effective for you. But here I would like to tell you that if you are seeing an advertisement in any of the MIUI (System Apps) particular apps such as MI Video Apps, Music, Security, and File Manager Apps, etc. So for this, you will have to go to those apps and close their advertisement.
But don’t worry about how to do it, so let’s know “How to Stop Ads in MIUI Apps.”
To disable ads from Mi Video App:
- Open the Mi Video app.
- Tap the Profile tab and tap Settings.
- Disable Online recommendations, Push notifications, and Personalised recommendations.
To disable ads from Mi Music:
- Open the Music app.
- Tap on the menu (three horizontal lines) in the top, left corner.
- Tap Settings > Advanced settings and scroll all the way down and disable Receive recommendations. You could disable the other settings below it too.
To disable ads from File Manager:
- Open the File Manager app.
- Just tap the three dots icon in the top, left corner.
- Tap Settings > About.
- Here, disable Recommendations.
To disable ads from Downloads:
- Open the Downloads app (in the Tools folder).
- Tap the three vertical dots in the top right corner of the app and open the setting.
- Disable Show recommended content.
Must Read: Create Contact Backup on Google/Gmail
To disable ads from Mi Security:
- Open the Security app.
- Tap the cog icon in the upper right corner of the app.
- In the Feature Settings section, tap Cleaner and disable Receive recommendations down the list.
- You can also disable the Remind to clean option.
- Go back a step and in the main Settings menu of the app, scroll down and disable Receive recommendations.
- For more privacy, you could go to the Data Usage option and disable the Report data usage info toggle.
To disable ads from Themes:
- Open the Themes app.
- Tap the My page tab, in the bottom right corner.
- Tap Settings and disable Recommendations.
Disabling Promoted apps
Some default folders such as Games and More apps tend to show you ‘Promoted apps’ when you open them.
- To get rid of this, simply open such a folder and long-press the name, in order to rename it. This will give you a toggle switch below to turn off ‘Promoted apps.’
After doing these steps, we have not noticed any unwanted advertisements or spam alerts in MIUI 11 and 12 while stopping our notification shade, if there is any problem then comment and tell us what problem you are having. I hope You Able to fix “How To Disable Ads in MIUI”.
Share, Support, Subscribe!!!